Heathcote Botanical Garden
210 Savannah Road
Ft. Pierce, Florida 34982
Amy Dahan, Director, Heathcote Botanical Gardens
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Heathcote Botanical Gardens
"First Annual Native Ethnobotanical Day"
(An educational forum on how Native Plants are used, managed and perceived)
Featuring our Keynote Speaker Renown Eco-Artist "Xavier Cortada"
will kick-off 'St. Lucie County's Urban Reforestation Project', a
visionary art project Xavier started in Miami to restore canopy and
habitat to Florida's communities! (see www.reclamationproject.net
Speakers will include:
- The Medicinal/Herbalist side of Native Plants.
- City, County and State Activism to Promote more Native Habitat and Greenways
- Eco Artist Xavier Cortada and the story behind his 'Reclamation/Reforestation Projects'
- Great Native Trees you should have and what Champion Trees are in our community
- U.F. and F.A.U. Professors and Biological Scientist on their Native Programs
- How to get started Landscaping with Natives
Booths will include:
- A culinary sampling of Native Plants with recipes,
- Native Gardens Tour Tickets
- The Historical Uses of Native Foliage in Florida
- Native Animals,
- Books and Literature,
- Native Plant Chapters, Plant Sales
with a Grand Prize Weekend Trip to Miami to meet Xavier, see his Eco
Art Project at the Miami Science Museum and tour Native Areas with a
member of the Dade N.P.S. Chapter
We want to inspire Fla. Citizens to plant the Real Florida and to restore Native canopy and habitat!!
Heathcote Botanical Gardens.
210 Savannah Road,
Fort Pierce, Florida 34982
The Garden’s Offices (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday): 772-464-4672
The Garden’s Gift Shop (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday-Friday;
Sunday 1:00p.m. - 5:00 p.m., April through November): 772-464-0323